We represent your interests
The GSCC has been the voice of business in Summerside since 1900. What does that mean? Working through our Board of Directors and a series of working committees, the Chamber represents your issues and concerns at the municipal, provincial and federal level. Your Chamber membership not only ties you into the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the benefits of having a national group representing you, but it also links us into a national network of other local Chambers who are experiencing the same challenges and opportunities that we are.
Your membership also means you can make your voice heard by participating in one our committees to help shape local policy.
In the past year, we have:
- hosted a Premier’s economic breakfast where Premier Wade MacLauchlan shared the province’s priorities for our economy
- met with Summerside City Council to share member perspectives and concerns
- presented to a provincial committee investigating tax reform
- produced our second annual “The Way Forward” economic conference where attendees helped to set our economic program priorities for the coming year
- met with various provincial representatives seeking business community input for their ministries
- placed a GSCC director on the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce PEI Advisory Board and on the Atlantic Chamber board of directors
- worked with the ACC to develop a resolution on Temporary Foreign Workers which was adopted at the Canadian Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting
- polled our members and are developing a municipal scorecard to provide the City with feedback on business community priorities
Tax Reform November 2015
Pre-Provincial Budget Consultation February 2016
PEI Provincial Budget Analysis, April 2016